Bath is slowly waking up to spring and swathes of yellow daffodils and vibrant forsythia are finally blooming, complemented by the pale gold of the early spring sunshine on the sandstone buildings.
I am enormously proud of the daffodils in the photo on the right, because they are the first daffodils I have grown on our allotment. I know, I know, growing daffodils isn’t hard…you stick the bulb in the ground and it determinedly does its own thing…but considering our allotment was a graveyard of stones and broken crockery two years ago and to date our most successful harvest is still grass, for me these daffodils are a triumph!
This pale, primrose yellow variety of daffodil is my favourite and it got me thinking about what a gorgeous spring wedding colour it is, with white or cream, or with touches of brighter yellow like the shade of forsythia (above right). I think that pale yellow also looks great with navy or camel.
Below are some of my favourite primrose yellow wedding picks from Etsy.
Top row left to right:
1) Vegan leather clutches by RACHELelise
2) Pearl cluster earrings by urbandwellers
3) Lucky wedding horseshoe by alexandrakingdesign
Middle row left to right:
4) Fabric bouquet by Cultivar
5) Toddler shoes by BitsyBlossom
6) Obi sash belt by ccdoodle
Bottom row left to right:
7) Tiny rose earrings by foreverandrea
8) Wedding clutch by PetiteVintageBags
9) Tissue Paper Pom by PomLove